This Version of the all popular Avocado toast has a extra protein punch because we add white beans to the avocado and the beautiful roasted tomato mix and it tastes amazing. then the garlic and balsamic.. and the basil.. its just so good.
Works as a great vegan breakfast or snack at any time of the day.
Avocado and Bean Mix:
- 15 Oz. Cannellini Beans, rinsed and drained.
- 2 Ripe Avocados, Pitted, peeled and chopped.
- 3 Tbsp Juice of Lemon.
- 1/4 Cup of Parsley, roughly chopped.
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Basil Leaves, roughly chopped.
- 1 Garlic Clove, minced.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- 1 Large Tomatoe cut in slices, seeds removed and juice drained.
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil.
- 2 Cloves of Garlic, Thinly sliced.
- 2 Tsp Balsamic Vinegar.
- Salt and Pepper to taste.
- 4 Slices Thick Cut of Preferred Rustic bread. ( ex. Sourdough, Gluten Free )
- 1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- Basil Leaves.
- Preheat Oven to 450 F.
- Drizzle the tomatoes with the oil and spread onto a baking sheet, with the cut side up.
- Add the garlic into the cavities of the tomatoes and drizzle with balsamic and add a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Lightly press the tomatoes down to flatten.
- Start roasting the tomatoes in the oven for about 30 minutes. until soft and caramelized.
- Take them out of the oven when done and allow them to cool completely. only when cooled down do you carefully remove and discard the skin.
- While the tomatoes are cooling, Add the beans, avocado, lemon juice, parsley, basil, garlic, salt and pepper to a food processor and puree until smooth and you attain a whipped texture.
- Once the tomatoes are finished, brush the bread with the remaining oil and toast on a baking sheet in the hotel oven until lightly golden brown. about 5 minutes.
- To assemble the avocado toast: divine and spread the avocado on the slices of bread and top them with a piece of roasted tomato and garlic with fresh basil leaves.