Vegan, Glazed Orange “ Cauliflower Chicken.
Cauliflower has now been buzzing as a popular vegan alternative to chicken. A delicious vegan spin on the popular Chinese takeout classic.
So full of flavor, crispy and amazingly satisfying. Dairy Free & baked. This is going to be a favorite.
Serve on a bed of Quinoa for an amazing pairing and extra protein, or Cauliflower rice for a low carb option.
- 1 Head Cauliflower, Large or Medium Size.
- 1 Cup Orange Cauliflower Glaze Sauce.
- Green Onions, Sliced.
- Sesame Seeds ( Optional )
Orange Cauliflower Glaze:
- 1 Cup Vegetable Broth.
- 1/2 Cup of Freshly Squeezed Orange Juice.
- 2 Tsp Orange Zest.
- 1/2 Cup Low Sodium Soy Sauce.
- 1/2 Cup Apple Cider Vinegar.
- 3/4 Cup All Natural Organic Maple Syrup.
- 4 Cloves of Garlic, Grated.
- 4 Tsp CornStarch.
- 1/4 Cup Water, Luke Warm.
- 3/4 Cup Cornmeal.
- 3/4 Cup Almond Flour, Fine.
- 6 Tbsp Ground Almonds.
- 2 Tsp Sea Salt.
- 2 Cups Almond Flour.
- 1 Cup Cashew Milk.
- 1 Cup Sparkling Soda Water.
- 2 Tsp Baking Powder.
- A Drizzle of Olive Oil or Avocado Oil.
- Preheat Oven to 400 F.
- Slice the cauliflowers into nugget size pieces.
- Make the crispy coating by mixing together the cornmeal, the fine almond flour and the ground almonds, and salt. and then place in a shallow baking dish or pan.
- Make the batter by combining the almond flour, cashew milk, water and baking powder and oil in a bowl until fully mixed.
- Dip each cauliflower piece in the batter then place it in the coating dish and completely cover with coating.
- Place the coated pieces on a parchment paper lined baking pan, and make sure all the pieces are evenly spread out.
- Place in oven and bake for about 25 – 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce by whisking all ingredients of the glaze sauce, except for the cornstarch and water.
- In a small Bowl, add the cornstarch to the water and mix gently until fairly dissolved.
- Add the Glaze sauce mixture to a pot and cook on medium until it begins to bubble. then pour in the cornstarch and water mixture and mix until dissolved.
- Whisk well and simmer until it thickens and reduces. This should take about 7 Minutes.
- Remove the baking pan from the oven and drizzle about 1/3 Cup of the sauce on top of the Cauliflower pieces trying to fully coat it. you can use a pastry brush for this.
- Flip the pieces over and drizzle another 1/3 cup of sauce on top of the other sides, trying to coat them well.
- Place them back in the oven and bake for 15 minutes until crispy.
- Place the pieces over a bed of cooked quinoa and pour the rest of the sauce on top, and sprinkle with the chopped green onions and sesame seeds.
- Serve Hot or enjoy later at room temperature.