Thinking Pink on this one.
Super Creamy & Light… and in a pretty pink!
Enjoy this guilt free decadent cake for an afternoon treat, that is free of dairy, and free of refined sugars.
…. and did i mention that it was Pink!
- 1 Cups Raw Cashew Nuts
- 1 Tbsp of Ground Cinnamon
- 10 – 12 Fresh Dates, Pitted and Diced
- 1/4 Cup of Raw Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 Raw Beetroot, Peeled and Grated.
- 1 1/2 Cups of Raw Cashews, soaked for 6 hours beforehand and drained.
- 2/3 Cups Coconut Cream, reduced fat if possible.
- 1/2 Raw Beetroot, peeled and grated.
- 1/4 Cup Coconut oil, Melted
- 4 Tbsp All Natural Organic Maple Syrup.
- 1 Tsp of Vanilla Extract.
- Shaved Dark Chocolate pieces to Garnish ( Optional )
- To make the Crust, whizz all the ingredients in a food processor for a couple of minutes, until they form a sticky mixture.
- Spoon the mix into a 20cm pie dish or tart tin, (whichever you prefer) lined with parchment paper, and press down the crust mixture with the back of the spoon so that it covers it entirely and the sides are even.
- For the Filling; whizz all the ingredients in the food processor on a high speed blender for about 5 minutes until really smooth and creamy.
- Spoon the filling evenly into the pie crust and place in the freezer for at least 3 hours to set.
- Remove from Freezer around 20 minutes before serving and cut into squares or triangular slices.
- Sprinkle with dark chocolate shaves and serve.