Crunchy, Tangy, Sweet & Savory. This Hearty Salad is an incredible combination of textures and flavors and makes for a wonderful and satisfying Vegan lunch or Side dish.
For The Wild Rice Salad:
- 1/2 Cup Wild Rice , Prepared as per package instructions.
- 1/2 Red Pepper, Chopped
- 1/2 Green Pepper, Chopped.
- 1 Green Onion, Chopped.
- 1 Radish, Sliced.
- 1 Rib Celery, Chopped.
- 1 Small Beetroot, Raw, Grated.
- 1 Large Artichoke, boiled and Cubed.
- 2 Tbsp Sunflower Seeds.
- 1/4 Cup Tart Cherries.
- 8 Dates, Pitted and chopped.
For the Vinaigrette:
- 1/4 Cup Lemon Juice
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- 1 Tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 Garlic Clove, Crushed
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- When the rice is cooked, remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, in a jar combine all the vinaigrette dressing ingredients and shake together.
- Pour the dressing over the cooked rice and mix through.
- Let cool and then add all other salad ingredients and combine well and serve at room temperature.