A gorgeous Healthy decadent dessert, tender caramelized spiced apples under crispy nutty almonds make for a great low carb alternative, and is just as delicious as the classic version but without the abundance of butter and refined sugar.
Enjoy alone or with a scoop of vegan vanilla ice cream.
For the Crumble:
- 1/2 Cup of Coconut oil, Melted
- 1/4 Cup of Mantra’s Cashew Milk
- 1 2/3 Cups of Almond Flour
- 2 Cups of Ground Almonds
- 2/3 Cups of Coconut Sugar
- 1/2 Tsp. Salt
- 1 Cup of Almonds, Roughly Chopped
- 1 Tsp Coconut Chips
For the Apple Mix:
- 9 Medium sized Red Apples, Peeled, cored, and soaked in cold water & lemon juice.
- 1/4 Cup of Coconut Oil, Melted
- 2 Tbsp Stevia sweetener ( or any other alternative sweetener of your choice )
- An additional Tsp of Stevia.
- Juice of One lime
- One small bowl of luke warm water
- 1 Tbsp of Nutmeg
- 3 Tbsp Cinnamon powder
- 1 tbsp Corn Flour
- Preheat Oven to 350 degrees
- Slice the apples in thin quarters and place in big frying pan with the coconut oil.
- Add the Stevia sweetener.
- Mix well and cover with pan lid until the apples have wilted.
- Halfway through, uncover and stir in the juice of one lime. Cover again, & stir occasionally.
- Dissolve the Corn flour in the small bowl of water, Mix and add to the apple mixture a few Tsp’s at a time.
- Add in the nutmeg, and the additional Tsp of Stevia all while mixing.
- Add the cinnamon powder and mix well.
- Set the apple mixture aside neatly in a Heat resistant container / Pan while it cools down.
- For the Crust, Mix all crust ingredients except for the roughly chopped almonds and the coconut chips. Mix well using your hands.
- Mix in the roughly chopped almonds, followed by one last mix.
- Spread the crumble mixture on top of the cooled down apple mixture in your pan. sprinkle with the coconut chips and one last dash of cinnamon powder. Make sure to cover the apples properly.
- Put the pan on top of an aluminum plate. Place in preheated oven, on a layer closer to the top.
- Bake for 30 to 35 Minutes until golden brown at the top.
- Tip: Open the broiler on low for a few seconds before taking it out of the oven to give more of a crunch at the top.
- Let it cool for a few minutes before serving.
- Serve with Vegan Vanilla Ice Cream or alone with your preferred beverage.