A beautiful vegan layered dessert of creamy cherry chocolate on top of a cinnamon spiced gluten free, refined sugar free and dairy and egg free crumbly base. It could also pass for an ice cream cake with the juicy cherry bits inside..
- 1 1/2 Cups Walnuts, Coarsely Chopped
- 1 Tbsp of Ground Cinnamon
- 8 – 10 Fresh Dates, Pitted and Diced
- 1 Tbsp of Raw Cocoa Powder
Cherry Layer :
- 1 1/2 Cups of Raw Cashews, soaked for 6 hours beforehand.
- 1 1/2 cups of fresh cherries, pitted.
- An additional 1/2 cup of pitted fresh cherries, set aside.
- 7 Tbsp of All Natural Maple Syrup ( You could use raw organic honey for a raw vegan option )
- 2/3 Cup Coconut oil, Melted
- 4 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 Tsp of Vanilla Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/3 of the Cherry Filling ( Refer to Method )
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Oil, Melted
- 5 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- 2 Tbsp Raw Unsweetened Organic Cocoa Powder
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- A pinch of Salt
- Combine the walnuts, cinnamon, Cocoa, and salt into a food processor and grind until fine.
- Add the diced dates gradually while pulsing the mixture in the processor.
- Blend until you get a sticky textures dough.
- Line the bottom of a cake tin with parchment paper and press the dough on the bottom of the cake tin.
- Place in the freezer while you make the filling.
- In a blender, blend all cherry layer ingredients, except for the additional 1/2 cup of pitted cherries. Blend until completely smooth.
- Set aside a few Tablespoons of this batter for later. set aside.
- Add in the remaining cherries we set aside and pulse a few times to leave them chunkier than the smooth mix of previously blended cherries.
- Pour in 2/3 of this mix onto the baking pan with parchment paper in the freezer on top of the crust, smooth out the top part and put back in the freezer for 20 minutes while we finish the chocolate layer.
- Add the chocolate layer ingredients onto the remaining cherry mixture in a blender until smooth.
- Take out the baking pan from the freezer and pour this mixture evenly over the cherry layer. tap the pan to even out layers and even out with a spoon on the top for a smooth finish.
- Use the set aside cherry mixture to create swirls on top of the cake in whichever pattern you would like.
- Freeze overnight or for 6 hours at least.
- Cut in triangle pieces and serve.
- Freeze leftover after serving.