Banana Flour isn’t an ingredient that’s “trending” yet, but it’s definitely something to be excited about- especially if you are gluten free, Paleo, trying to lose weight, or simple want to enjoy optimal health.
Some attributes on why we like baking with banana flour: Tastes great and texture is lighter and fluffier than almond or coconut flour, excellent value as you use less of this flour in recipes due to its high starch content, cuts waste; as they are made from bananas that are not suitable for commercial sale. Fewer calories than other flour options, more nutrition, and versatility.
- 1 Cup Banana Flour
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Sugar ( or sweetener of choice)
- 2 Teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 Tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 3 Tablespoons Raw Unsweetened Cacao Powder
- 1/2 Cup Mantra’s Cashew Milk
- 1/2 Cup of Water
- 2/3 Cups of Walnuts
- 2 Eggs
- Preheat Oven to 350 degrees
- prepare your preferred medium size baking pan with parchment paper. Alternatively, you can grease it and dust it with coconut oil and banana flour. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine The banana Flour with the rest of the ingredients. Mix until well combined.
- Pour into prepared tin and bake in oven for 35 to 40 minutes until inserted toothpick comes back clean.
- Allow to cool for 15 minutes before cutting into individual slices.
Serve & Enjoy!