Home Infused Olive oil is a great addition to your kitchen. Drizzle on Salads or simple vegetable dishes, on pasta, or simple dunk in your rustic bread with a side of parmesan. You can also personalize your olive oil bottle and that would make a wonderful gift ideas for your friends and family.
For clearer and stronger flavored oils. choose a high quality extra virgin olive oil and the freshest herbs and ingredients you can find to have the best infusions.
Upon choosing your fusion combinations, make sure you wash everything and dry properly. Bacteria growth can grow in the water droplets attached to the herbs or fruit despite it being immersed in the olive oil.
- A bottle of Good Quality Extra Virgin Olive oil.
- Herbs such as: rosemary, Basil, Sage,…ect.
- Fruit Peels or vegetables such as: Lemon Peel, Oranges, Clementines, Red Chili, Garlic…ect. Note: Chilis and fruits should be sliced as thinly as possible.
- Glass Bottles, labeled.
- Take your dry ingredients and add them to a cup of olive oil in a frying pan on low heat for 10 minutes, mix occasionally . This will let the natural oils and flavors from your chosen ingredients to release more quickly when you put them in the olive oil bottles. it is also recommended to toast your spices so that they become more aromatic.
- When done, combine the prepared ingredients and put them in glass bottles and pour more olive oil to fill the bottle.
- Allow the glass bottle to sit in a cool dark place for 2 weeks before use.
- Keep tasting the progress every couple of days to make sure the oil doesn’t over infuse.
- Once you reach your desired taste, strain some of the ingredients out of the oil and just keep some for presentation purposes. label nicely and gift it or display it on dinner table with your condiments.
Have Fun & Enjoy!