Tarragon and tuna is one of our favorite flavor combinations, add in the sweet potato in the mix and you have the most delicious post workout recover meal, with the perfect amount of fat, carbs, and protein.
- 2 Sweet Potatoes, Large.
- 1 Large Can of Tuna in water, drained
- 2 Tbsp Tahini ( Optional )
- Juice of 1/2 Lemon
- 1/2 Lemon, Wedged
- 1/2 Small Red Onion, Peeled & Finely Chopped.
- 1 Tbsp Tamari
- 1 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Sprig of Fresh Tarragon leaved, finely chopped. plus extra for garnish.
- 2 Handfuls of Watercress ( Optional )
- Olive Oil and Balsamic Reduction, to drizzle.
- Sea Salt and Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
For the Potatoes:
- Preheat Oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with a greaseproof paper.
- Carefully make small insertions in the sweet potatoes using a knife or fork.
- Place on the lined baking sheet and cook in oven for 1 hour.
- While the potatoes are cooking, make your filling.
For the Filling:
- Mix the tuna, optional tahini, lemon juice, onions, tamari, apple cider vinegar, and tarragon in a bowl with 2 tablespoons water until fully combined. season with salt and pepper to taste.
- When sweet potatoes are cooked, carefully slice in the center and stuff it with the tuna mixture.
- Sprinkle the stuffed potatoes with extra tarragon and dripzle with olive oil and balsamic reduction, and serve with the watercress and lemon wedges.