Have your cake, and eat it too.. but eat it fast because there won’t be any left for seconds.
Enjoy this guilt free decadent cake for an afternoon treat, that is free of dairy, and free of refined sugars.
- 1 1/2 Cups Walnuts, Coarsely Chopped
- 1 Tbsp of Ground Cinnamon
- 8 – 10 Fresh Dates, Pitted and Diced
- 1 Tbsp of Raw Cocoa Powder
- 2 Cups of Raw Cashews, soaked for 6 hours beforehand.
- 1/2 Cup of Cashew Milk
- 2/3 Cup Coconut oil, Melted
- 4 Tbsp Raw Organic Honey.
- 1 Tsp of Vanilla Powder
- 2 Tbsp of of Raw Cocoa Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 2 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 2 Tbsp Cashew Milk
- 1/2 Cup Medjool Dates, Pitted and Chopped
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- A pinch of Salt
- Chopped Pecans.
- Combine the walnuts, cinnamon, Cocoa, and salt into a food processor and grind until fine.
- Add the diced dates gradually while pulsing the mixture in the processor.
- Blend until you get a sticky textures dough.
- Line the bottom of a cake tin with parchment paper and press the dough on the bottom of the cake tin.
- Place in the freezer while you make the filling.
- Drain and rinse the cashews and add them to a food processor or blender and pulse.
- Add in all the rest of the ingredients and blend for a few minutes until very creamy and smooth.
- Adjust taste by adding more honey .
- Remove the cake tin from the freezer and pour the filling on top of the frozen crust and return to the freezer for an hour while you prepare your caramel sauce.
- Make sure the ingredients are at room temperature.
- Combine all ingredients into a blender and pulse until smooth.
- Take the cake tin out of the freezer, and carefully spoon the caramel sauce over the filling and spread it evenly while smoothing the top as much as possible.
- Sprinkle the chopped pecans on top of the caramel sauce layer.
- Freeze for 6 hours or overnight.
- When ready to serve, thaw the cake for a few minutes and cut into triangle slices.