One of our favorite dishes.. Heart healthy and protein packed. Great for maintaining lean muscle and tastes absolutely amazing.
- 2 1/2 of Frozen White Fish of your choice.
- 4 Tbsp of Olive Oil
- 2 Large Onions
- 4 Medium sized Carrots, Grated.
- 2 – 3 Celery Stalks, Sliced.
- 4 Tomatoes, Seeded & Coarsley Chopped.
- 2 Small Red Bell Peppers, Sliced.
- 3 Garlic Cloves, Peeled and Crushed.
- 1 Cup Non Fat Greek Yogurt.
- 1 Tbsp of Fresh Parsley, Dill, & Basil, Minced.
- Salt & Pepper to taste.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut the fish into several smaller fillet pieces and get rid of the excess moisture by patting them dry with a kitchen towel.
- Heat 1/2 a Tbsp of Olive oil in a non stick skillet over high heat.
- Season both sides of the fish fillets with salt and pepper.
- Cook the fish for about 2 – 3 Minutes per side, leaving it partly raw in the center of the fillets.
- Cook the fish in batches and set aside on a plate while you prepare your vegetables.
- In the same skillet, heat another tablespoon of oil on medium high heat and add the onions to the skillet. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook the onions for 3 – 7 minutes until they are soft and translucent.
- Add in the Carrots, Celery, Bell Peppers, Tomatoes, and Garlic. Season with salt and pepper as well. Cook for another 10 minutes.
- Stir in the fresh herbs once you take the vegetables off the stove.
- On the bottom of a heat resistant baking dish, spread a thin layer of vegetables.
- Place one layer of fish over the vegetables.
- Spread vegetables in another layer over the fish.
- Place the remaining fish over the second layer of vegetables, then spread the remaining vegetables over the fish.
- Spread the Greek Yogurt over the layer of the last vegetables.
- Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil and bake for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Serve hot.