One of our favorite and most colorful autumn vegetable dishes. The goats cheese along with the vegetables provides both texture and intense flavor.
- 3 1/2 Cups of Butter Squash, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 Medium sized Red Onion, Roughly Chopped
- 10 Cloves of Garlic, skinned
- 1 1/2 Cups of Button or Portabellini Mushrooms, halved
- 4 Tbsp of Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp of Extra virgin olive oil
- 15 Sage Leaves
- 1 Cup of Creamy Goat’s Cheese, Crumbled
- 2 Cups Cherry Tomatoes
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1 Tbsp of Whole Grain Mustard
- 1/2 Cup of Rocket or Watercress leaves
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees
- In a large roasting tin, combine the squash, onions, mushrooms, and garlic cloves.
- Drizzle in the olive oil, add half of the sage leaves and the sea salt and mix well.
- Transfer to the preheated oven and roast for 50 minutes.
- When done, stir the vegetables then add the crumbled goat’s cheese.
- Top the mixture with the cherry tomatoes and the rest of the sage leaves and return to the oven once more for about 15 minutes
- In the meantime, mix together the extra virgin olive oil and lemon juice, the mustard, and sea salt to taste.
- Dress the leaves with the mixture and once vegetables are done, spread the leaves with the dressing and serve.