Charred and crispy on the outside, and flavorful and moist on the inside. Makes for a healthy , nutritious and low carb option that tastes amazing and looks fantastic as a centerpiece on the dinner table.
- 1 Large Head Cauliflower, leaves and tough stem removed.
- 1 1/2 Tbsp of fresh Lemon Juice
- 1/2 Tsp of Lemon Zest
- 3 Garlic cloves, Crushed
- 1 Tbsp Tahini
- 1/2 cup of Water, Luke Warm.
- 1/2 Tsp Whole Grain Mustard
- 3 Tbsp Fresh Parsley, Chopped
- Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- Pinch of Sea Salt
- 1/4 Tsp Tumeric, Ground
- an additional 1/2 Tsp Ground Tumeric
- 4 Tbsp nutritional yeast ( or yeast flakes ), separated in 2 Tbsps
- 1 Tbsp Onion Powder
- 1 Tbsp Dry Parsley
- 1 Tbsp Dry Basil
- 2 Tsp Dry Thyme
- 2 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 2 Tsp Mustard powder
- 2 Tsp Paprika
- 1/2 Tsp Celery Seeds.
- Combine: The celery seeds, paprika, mustard powder, garlic powder, dry thyme, dry basil, dry parsley, onion powder, 2 Tbsp of yeast, and 1/2 Tsp of ground turmeric in a blender or food processor and mic well to grind the dry herbs and spices. keep in blender and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In the food processor containing the prepared spice blend, add in and combine the : garlic, Tahini, water, lemon juice, lemon zest, the rest of the yeast, whole grain mustard, & turmeric and blend sauce until smooth. set aside.
- In a large pan, bring water to a boil, place the cauliflower in carefully and make sure it is fully covered with the amount of boiling water you have. Cover and cook until blanched, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Transfer Cauliflower to a shallow baking dish with stem side down and florets facing upwards, and add 1/2 inch of water to the baking pan.
- Spoon about half of the prepared sauce on the cauliflower and use your fingers to rub the sauce into the cauliflower as much as you can to make sure it is fully covered.
- Place the roasting pan in the preheated oven and roast the cauliflower for about 40 to 45 minutes, or until tender.
- In the remaining sauce, stir in the parsley and black pepper and sea salt – to taste. Then heat the sauce in a small sauce pan on medium to low heat while the cauliflower is roasting.
- When Cauliflower is ready, transfer it to a platter and top with remaining sauce. Serve immediately.